Senior R&D Engineer
As a senior R&D Engineer you will be contributing to design and develop the world’s most advanced restorative vascular grafts, manufactured using electrospinning bioresorbable polymers, enabling endogenous tissue restoration (ETR).
Xeltis is a clinical stage medtech company with the world’s most advanced synthetic restorative devices for cardiovascular treatment. Xeltis’ devices naturally turn into living blood vessels or heart valves within the body through patient’s own tissue.
The company has a dynamic team of 40+ employees from all over the world. “Improving patients’ lives” is what drives us to work with joy on a daily basis.
The Senior R&D Engineer is a senior technical team member in a small team of engineers, scientists and technicians. The role reports to the VP of R&D and is based in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Design and develop restorative vascular grafts that enable ETR by electrospinning bioresorbable polymers.
- Develop polymer solution preparation processes.
- Generate and execute medical device design controls, including material specifications, drawings, design inputs, FMEAs, test plans, reports and design verification activities.
- Translate theoretical test concepts into reality and lead the design control elements of the project.
- Develop and qualify test methods and procedures for device qualification testing.
- Develop project timelines and keep them on target.
- Compile and analyse data, prepare documentation and recommend changes/improvements.
- Generate test protocols, reports and supporting documentation for design verification purposes.
Whom will you be working with?
The Senior R&D Engineer has a key role in a cross-functional product development team, focusing on chemical process engineering, polymeric biomaterial manufacturing, testing, production and overall support in an early clinical phase of the product. You will be working closely with project team members in Operations, Regulatory, Quality, and Clinical to deliver project objectives.
Which minimum qualifications will you need?
- The ideal candidate has deep understanding of chemical engineering, with specialization in polymers (solution formulation)
- Minimum of two years industry experience in chemical and polymer processing, preferably in medical device development.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Engineering or a scientific discipline from an accredited college or university.
We would like to work with a:
- Highly motivated self-starter able to achieve results independently.
- Person with ability to resolve complex problems and managing details in a regulated environment.
We would appreciate:
- Prior cardiovascular medical device project experience.
- Prior electrospinning work.
The position is full-time. For more information and to submit your CV and motivational letter, please contact: email@example.com
Working at Xeltis
At Xeltis, we recognize that people make a difference. We are a young, dynamic, international team of 40 professionals dedicated to improving patients’ lives through innovation.
To submit your CV and motivational letter, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Xeltis Current Vacancies
Senior R&D Engineer
As a senior R&D Engineer you will be contributing to design and develop the world’s most advanced restorative vascular grafts, manufactured using electrospinning bioresorbable polymers, enabling endogenous tissue restoration (ETR). Xeltis is a clinical stage medtech company with the [...]