Xeltis is looking for an R&D Technician to work in a dynamic research environment towards the clinical realization of Xeltis’ revolutionary restorative medical devices.
Xeltis is a clinical stage medical device company with the world’s most advanced polymer-based platform of restorative cardiovascular devices. Xeltis’ devices naturally evolve into living blood vessels or heart valves within the body through patient’s own tissue.
The company has a dynamic team of 40 employees from all over the world. “Improving patients’ lives” is what drives us to work with joy on a daily basis.
Who are we looking for?
A technical team member of the R&D team, the R&D Technician will work closely with and support engineers in the development of Xeltis’ bio-restorative devices.
The position reports to the Senior R&D Engineer and is based in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
- Design and execute ad-hoc R&D testing with minimum supervision.
- Develop and execute test plans, compile data and write test reports.
- Set-up and perform graft and valve testing (blood flow loop, hydrodynamic performance and accelerated wear testing).
- Plan, create and build new testing equipment to support R&D activities.
- Work with external suppliers and manufactures to build R&D prototypes and test equipment.
- Improve test equipment function working with manufacturers.
- Monitor and maintain grafts in blood flow loop testing.
- Monitor and maintain valves in accelerated wear testing.
- Perform design verification testing in accordance with Xeltis’ quality management system.
- Support test equipment maintenance activities.
- Support engineers in resolving design and process related challenges.
- Write work instructions to perform R&D related tests.
- Follow written work instructions to perform various testing activities in lab or cleanroom environment, in accordance with medical device design control standards.
The person we are looking for:
- Is a highly motivated self-starter able to achieve results independently.
- Has a proactive, practical and solution-oriented approach on working equipment and a constructive and collaborative attitude with manufacturers.
- Has the ability to work well with others in a collaborative environment.
- Minimum of 3+ years of working as a technician in industry.
- Experience working with external suppliers/manufacturers on estimates, project execution and post-sale assistance.
- Experience performing work in an environment with a quality system.
- Experience using basic lab equipment (scales, calipers, micrometers, gages, etc.).
- Experience gathering, distilling, reporting and disseminating complex data.
- Excellent written and spoken English and communication skills.
- MBO/HBO degree according to Dutch education system or equivalent.
- Prior experience in medical devices.
- Experience with manufacturing equipment (3D printers, CNC equipment, etc.).
- Knowledgeable in medical device design controls and quality systems per ISO 13485.
- Solidworks CAD modelling experience.
- Experience using Instron tensile testers.
- Experience performing test method validations and work instructions.
The position is full-time. For more information and to submit your CV and motivational letter, please contact: email@example.com